The hospital started its operations in 2005 as a small clinic in the heart of Murang’a town. Founded and led by two visionary doctors, Dr. J.K.Mwago M.B, Ch.B, M. Med (surgery), Dip. HSM (Consultant Surgeon) and Dr. J.K.Gitau MB,Ch.B, Mmed (Ophthalmology), the institution has in the past 10 years grown grown tremendously, in terms of the quality of healthcare as well as the auxiliary services provided.
KimKan as an institution, takes pride in the highly established and specialized medical facilities that have enabled the hospital to excel in healthcare. Heavy investments in diagnostic and treatment facilities and equipment, human resource, and a well governed corporate structure have ensured consistency in the high quality of services provided to clients. The institution has also invested in a medical research team that ensures international health milestones are established and continually achieved.
Currently, Kimkan boasts of an outpatient facility located in Murang’a, opposite Total Petrol station, and 24-hour hospital located approximately 150m along Murang’a-Kangema Road, off Murang’a-Nairobi Road.
Who Are We?
Kimkan is a leading institution with two facilities located in Murang’a County. The outpatient only facility is located opposite Total Petrol station while the inpatient facility is located off Murang’a – Nairobi Road, approximately 150 meters along Murang’a – Kangema road. An all-under-one- roof health care solution, Kimkan hospital offers a wide range of health care services as well as arranged referral to our well-developed network of referral partners for cases that we cannot handle.
What We Do
At Kimkan Hospital, we specialize in providing a comprehensive range of health care services in a convenient and timely manner. We boast of highly qualified consultant specialists across numerous fields including surgery, ophthalmology, gynecology and obstetrics, orthopedics, physical medicine, Pediatrics and ENT among others, offering services from both our facilities.
Why Choose Us?
We stop at nothing to ensure that your health and that of your loved ones is well taken care of. In case of an emergency, we will find you wherever you are through our emergency ambulance services. What we cannot do, we will leave in the hands of our well developed network of referrals.
Our health is your wealth, and consequently, our greatest concern. At Kimkan Hospital, we offer a wide range of comprehensive services at affordable rates. Led by our well experienced resident medical officer, the Kimkan Hospital outpatient department will attend to your every need.
Our Outpatient services include:
- Specialists’ clinics
- Accidents and emergencies
- General outpatient review
- Maternal and child health clinic
- Family planning services
- Immunisations and vaccinations
- Cervical cancer screening
A 56-bed capacity facility, Kimkan Hospital is well equipped with all the necessary facilities, equipment and services to ensure high quality health care for all our inpatient clients.
Our Inpatient services include:
- Maternity wing complete with maternity theater
- New born unit and nursery
- Paediatric wards
- Male medical wards
- Female medical wards
- Male surgical wards
- Female surgical wards
- Inpatient surgeries
The services offered at our pharmacy include:
- Dispensation of prescription drugs
- Advice on drug dosage, contraindications, side effects and adverse drug reactions
- Providing rationale for drug regimes
- Checking for drug safety in individual patients
- Ensuring compliance issues
- Implementing drug formularies
- Ensuring safe and effective drug treatment at all times
The services offered include:
- CT Scan (accredited by NHIF and available to all NHIF card holders)
- Digital X-Ray
- Ultrasound scans
The services offered at the laboratory include
- Routine diagnostic tests
- Special tests such as coagulation profile and hormonal profiles
- Referral services for special tests
- Blood donation services
Some of the services offered in this department include:
- Diagnosing and treating eye ailments
- Cataracts eye surgeries
- Complex ophthalmic surgeries
- Refraction (testing for glasses, repairs and fixing lenses)
- Laser treatment for diabetic eye complications
- Low vision assessment and rehabilitation
Some of the services offered in this unit include:
- Teeth extraction, cleaning and polishing
- Hypersensitivity treatment
- Gum treatment and pulpotomy
- Teeth alignment and braces and repair of dentures
- Teeth replacement and fillings
- Root canal treatment
- Oral surgery
- Fractures and disimpactions
Some of the interventions include;
- Education and advice,
- Rehabilitative exercises
- Manual rehabilitative therapy
- Technology assisted rehabilitative therapy
- Self-management strategies
Accidents and Emergencies
Kimkan Hospital equipped with an Accidents and Emergency center that offers round the clock services in case of medical emergencies and accidents. The center serves as an entry point for serious medical emergencies in the outpatient department.